✨ HOW TO ✨
To add a Vimeo video to your gallery, visit your gallery settings by clicking on the collection in your Collection Dashboard, and then click Galleries & Apps at the top right. Next, click “Edit” next to the gallery you'd like to embed video into.
Navigate to the "Advanced" tab in your gallery settings to access the "Embed Media" section.
Finally, head over to Vimeo and copy the URL for the video you'd like to embed. Take that link and paste it into the Vimeo section on CloudSpot. Then, click Update!
BOOM! You're done! 🎉 🎉
✨ F.A.Q. ✨
Q: What privacy settings should I pick for "Who can watch?" on Vimeo?
A: Vimeo has many options when it comes to privacy settings. Here is a video that goes over the options and how to change the settings!
These four options will work with CloudSpot:
- Anyone - Allow anyone to see this video
- Only people with a password (Plus + Pro + Business + Premium only) - Protect this video with a password
- Only people with the private link (Plus + Pro + Business + Premium only) - Make video visible only to people who have the link.
- Hide this video from vimeo.com (Plus + Pro + Business + Premium only) - This video can be embedded on other sites but can’t be viewed on vimeo.com.
The following two options will only work after your client signs into their Vimeo account, assuming they meet the conditions to view the video:
- Only people I follow - Make my videos visible only to people I follow on Vimeo
- Only people I choose - I'll select people with whom I want to share this video
The only setting the will never work for your client to view their video is:
- Only me - Make this video visible to me and no one else
Q: What privacy settings should I pick for "Where can this be embedded?" on Vimeo?
A: When in privacy settings, you'll also have the option to set restrictions on video embedding. If you click Nowhere, your video will not show in your gallery. Be sure to select either:
- Anywhere - Enable people to embed this video on any site
- Only on sites I choose (Plus + Pro + Business + Premium only) - I'll specify sites on which people can embed this video
Should you opt to limit embedding, you can either limit it to all CloudSpot galleries by typing in "client-gallery.com" OR you can limit it to just your CloudSpot galleries by typing in "[Your Subdomain].client-gallery.com"
Q: Can I password protect videos with Vimeo?
A: With a Plus, Pro, Business, or Premium Vimeo account - YES! Just be sure to share the password with your clients! 😉
Q: Can clients download from Vimeo?
A: With a Plus, Pro, Business, or Premium Vimeo account - Absolutely! There is a toggle switch to turn downloads on or off in your video's Privacy Settings. Your client will just need to click on the video and head over to Vimeo's site to download their video! 🎉
Q: Can I decide which controls/buttons my client sees on the video?
A: With a Plus, Pro, Business, or Premium Vimeo account - Sure thing! You can control a ton of display options from your video settings. Take a look!
Q: Can I sell my videos on Vimeo?
A: With a Pro, Business, or Premium Vimeo account - You bet! Using Vimeo On Demand, you can sell videos to your clients all over the world! Just embed the video into your CloudSpot gallery and have your client click through to Vimeo's site to make the purchase! The process is super easy for your clients and you keep 90% of the revenue after transaction costs. Check it out risk-free today!
Whew! That's a lot of information! As you can see, Vimeo has a ton of options when it comes to sharing videos. So if we didn't exactly cover your question, just shoot us a message. We'd love to help! 😄